Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Iiiii'm Ready!

Spongebob's little mantra is swimming in my head right now as I revisit an old novel I began a couple years ago. It is one of those epic multi-generational projects I must get exactly right before I publish. I think it was that daunting concept that scared me into halting the project before I had written 2 full chapters. Granted, there are so far more than 4 mini-chapters as I break up each full chapter by generation.

After reading (and editing a few minor issues like syntax & dates) what I've written so far, I am a little ashamed I put it away for so long. It's not half bad. I'm actually sort of proud of its poetic descriptions and the width & breadth of the storyline. I have an outline (which is something I neglected in the last story I began, and probably a major force behind halting that project as well), and I hadn't realized just how much I had planned.

So off to write again, kiddies. Less time on Facebook (maybe) and reading others' writing (although I will not stop that, believe me), and more time on developing these wonderful characters again. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment