Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mine-R-Craft

My hubby and kiddos have been playing a new game this week, one that has kept them busy (especially my dear spouse) for hours on end. Since they love to share their time with me and like to include me despite my general disdain for all video games that require a vantage point other than one steady, unmoving view, they have been begging me all week to join them; they KNOW I will love this game.

MineCraft. This in the new game. As its title suggests, it is a game which requires one to mine for resources. It is a game of strategy and survival. The enemy is not another player, but night (and all the creatures who go bump in it, including spiders, skeletons, and ghouls - my youngest calls them "creepers"). To humor them, I have watched them play a few minutes at a time.Unlike many of their other games, this one IS somewhat interesting to me. I was, and am, a little intrigued.

In fact, I played it today. For 4 hours.

It is a vortex in which all time and space disappears, and where one is left feeling slightly (or in my case, greatly) nauseated and in need of a vision break after a while.

It is not a game which those who play most of today's slick games for their amazing graphics would necessarily like. However, it is definitely for someone who appreciates the skills required for survival. The expanse is incredible, too. There is enough "space" in this game to cover 8 earths.

OK, now I'm starting to sound like a gamer nerd. I'm not. I can barely play video golf without needing a Dramamine. Therefore, I don't often play too many games, unless they're those horribly repetitive and frustrating Facebook games that make me wonder why I waste my time.

I have to say, though, this game is a little addictive. OK, quite possibly VERY addictive. It's a darn good thing it makes me nauseous to play it. Thank goodness for my inner ear issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment