Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Re-do

I began, and then deleted, blogging about my snow day today. Bah-or-ing! Even though I can tell it all using humor and candor and all the trappings of popular writing today, I just don't feel it, ya dig?

Anywho, several friends have been asking about these grandiose plans of mine to get all knocked up and such. Apparently, my blog (and subsequent posting of a note directing said friends to this blog) piqued the curiosity of a few. Cool.

So here goes another.

This is less of an update, however, for there isn't really MUCH to update. I've been occupied by the beginning of second semester and the routine of everyday living to do a whole lot. I did finish the paperwork. I even got the hubby to help with his medical history forms and sign (his life away) on three forms for the fertility clinic. He still says I'm crazy, and Oprah even verified that the spouse of someone crazy is just as crazy to allow craziness, so he's certifiable as well. (I typed that in one breath.)

I have an appointment with my regular GP on Wednesday, although I may call tomorrow to see if I can't get in a day early since we have another SNOW DAY Tuesday. (Let's hear it for the superintendent who recognizes the lack of driving ability of the personage in his district!)

Here's where I'm a little baffled. My doc has to verify that I have had a screen and vaccination for the Rubella virus in order for me to begin fertility treatments. Now, if I've had said vaccination in the last few years (say, the last 3-5), will I have to get it again? I suppose I'll find this out in a day or two, but ugh! I will have to wait an entire month before I can begin treatments if I have to get the vaccine again.

In case my reader(s) do not know this about me, I must reveal a little-known fact: I am IMPATIENT.

It's true. I am. Waiting at stoplights just about gives me an aneurysm. I read a book or magazine or the mail or my Kindle in the drive-thru. I check my email while brushing my teeth and drying my hair. My hubby says I've got ADD because I have to be doing something all the time, most often while watching TV. (Sorry, it just isn't interactive enough for me!) I record EVERYTHING so I don't have to wait for commercials. If I get stuck watching something that hasn't been delayed, I'll pause it so that I can have "buffer" enough to fast forward later. (Hey, it's the perfect time to go fix a snack, start some laundry, or tuck the kids in. Don't hate.) So, waiting for a month once I get the ball rolling on this fertility stuff is likely to kill me.

I really should take up knitting.
But it's OK. I have plans to fax the forms to the clinic tomorrow. (I love Kinko's! They don't close due to inclement weather or bad drivers.) Then, oh, then, can I call and set up the appointment. The BIG appointment.

The first one will be BIG. Like 4 hours big. I think there's some tests - probably an ultrasound, maybe a peek at the respective reproductive (ahem) organs - both of us have to be there. There will likely even be some discussion of procedures, time lines, fees and payment options (yeah, we'll need those options, thanks). I'm not positive what all happens in this 4-hour time period, but I know one thing: I'm bringing a book!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew so much stuff was involved for makin' a baby?!?!? Impatient...important safety tip...thanks Egon.

    ReplyDelete